Hatcher says thanks!

Hatcher wanted me to thank the people that sent the money for his bed! He has rescue pending, but tested positive for coccidia so can’t go on transport until that’s cleared up. In the meantime, he’s loving napping on dog beds.

Ellie Update

Ellie just had another laser treatment. We saw Dr Jude as well as Dr Hume. Dr. Hume is very happy with her progress! She gained 2 lbs back. Back next week for laser…Dr. Jude will be out of town the next 2 Friday‚Äôs but will see Ellie for laser the following Friday when she gets…

Update on Max…he’ll need surgery

Max update from the vet: He has anal tone! Not sure how with no deep pain. I think worth stabilizing him with surgery and seeing if he can get better. He is a sweet, strong boy. Worst case scenario, he would need a cart. Estimate for surgery is $4,000. My gut tells me to give…

Max and His Maggots

Max (and his maggots) are coming to ARTBAR at 12 pm where he will be immediately transported to West Liberty KY by Loretta Koch … where Dr. Michelle Jude is sending team member Trevon Townsend to meet to pick him up and get him back to Sheabel Animal Hospital in Lexington Kentucky. Max is from…

Zora Update

ARTBAR alum, Zora, gave birth to three beautiful babies yesterday with the help of the vet. After laboring one baby she was too exhausted. We pulled Zora from PCAS in April and vetted her before she left of course. It was determined by the vet we used to use that Zora was not pregnant but…

Crates needed for transports!

ARTBAR desperately needs crates for transport! We need to get some of these gray ones that are at the top of our wish list on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3LKLV7XILME8U/ref=cm_wl_huc_view

Shelby update

Shelby was safely delivered to nurse Trevon of Sheabel Vet Hospital. He will transport her back to the hospital in Lexington KY where she will have her surgery. Safe travels, Shelby & Trevon. Thank you to Dr. Michelle Jude who set all this up for us! Donations are still needed to cover the cost of…

Natalie Update

I was able to finally meet Natalie this evening at CAVC while I was there picking up puppies. Her owners are still in the wind. She had a lot of pain yesterday but was doing some better today. Dr Osborne said it was a pretty rough surgery because that side of her pelvis pretty much…

Peppy needs monthly sponsorships

I came across a situation where ARTBAR could easily step in and help. Peppy has been with his family since he was a pup. He’s now around 9 years old and has developed Cushings Disease. They posted him online for rehoming because they could not afford his ongoing care. They love him and want to…

Another Medical Emergency Dog!

UPDATE: Shelby’s going to need a pin and plate orthopedic surgery and the estimate is $4,000 (that’s with our discount). Medical Emergency Shelby came into the PCAS shelter 5 days ago after being hit by a car. She is  unable to use her back legs. I was made aware of her today and have asked…